Your browser does not support JavaScript!
Home > Info for Exchang Students > Before you arrive > Visa Application
Visa Application

Exchange students should apply for Resident or Visitor Visa in their resident country with the Admission Leffer of CGU before entering Taiwan.   

Place to submit the application: ROC Embassy or Mission in your residence country (

For more visa information, please visit


Visitor Visa: for exchange students study for one semester (less than 6 months)

  1. Please fill in the application form at
  2. Required documents:

Note: please do not enter Taiwan with visa-exempt entry. It is valid for 30-90days visit and is not extendable.  


Resident Visa: for exchange students study for two semesters (more than 6 months)

  1. Please fill in the application form at:
  2. Required documents: 
  3. Items Required for Health Certificate for Residence in Taiwan 

Note: from previous students’ experience, it is likely that some ROC embassies issue visitor visas to international students instead of resident visas.

In this case, you can enter Taiwan on a visitor visa first and then apply for resident visa after you complete the registration.