Your browser does not support JavaScript!
Home > Degree Student > Resident Visa
Resident Visa

For full-time degree students, please apply for Resident Visa; with remark of FS.

  1. Visa application should be submitted to the ROC Embassies and Missions Abroad.
  2. Do not use visa-exempt or landing visa to enter Taiwan.

Please visit Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C. for the latest information and always confirm with the ROC Embassies or Missions in your home country to see if there is any supporting document required.

  1. Required documents (

Application Form

Fill out the application form online and print it out. Make sure the application form shows a bar code on it. Sign the application form.

Two color passport-size photos

Two color passport-size photos with a white background taken within 6 months.

Passport and one photocopy of it

The passport must be valid for at least 6 months with blank pages left in it. One photocopy of the passport bio-page including the holder’s picture is required.

Original and one photocopy of Health Certificate

  • The health certificate should be issued within 3 months by one of the local hospitals designated by the Centers for Disease Control of Ministry of Health and Welfare of the R.O.C. (Taiwan) or by a foreign hospital.  Health certificates issued by foreign hospitals must be authenticated by an R.O.C. (Taiwan) overseas mission.

Original and one photocopy of admission permit

For newly admitted students, please submit the original Admission Letter issued by Chang Gung University and its copy.

Original and one photocopy of highest education diploma and transcripts

  • For diplomas and transcripts (mark sheets) in languages other than Chinese or English, a Chinese-translation or English-translation is also required. 
  • The transcript should contain the records of all courses you have taken.

Original and one photocopy of proof of financial support

  • Proof is your personal bank statement. Please confirm with the Taiwan (R.O.C.) embassy in your home country about the amount.
  • According to our experience, students may use the admission letter of CGU as part of the financial support if you receive tuition fee waiver or stipend. 

Other supporting documents

*Please note “visa issuance is an act of sovereignty.  According to the “Statute Governing Issuance of R.O.C. Visas in Foreign Passport” and “Enforcement Rules for the Issuance of R.O.C. Visas to Foreign-Passport Holders,” the R.O.C. reserves the right not to issue a visa and is under no obligation to disclose the reason. Application fee for non-issuance cases is non-refundable.”

  1. Remarks:
  • If you just graduated from other Taiwanese universities, please be sure to file to extend you current ARC with CGU's admission letter and send a copy of it to CIAC.
  • From our experience, some embassies or missions may issue visitor visa (with mark FS) to degree students instead of resident visas. In this case, students can enter Taiwan with it first. After the registration, you can apply for the resident visa with the above required documents in Taiwan.
  • Personal bank statement: it is highly recommended that students get it in their home country.
  • If the financial statement is not in the name of the applicant, a declaration with signature from the sponsor must be included, mentioning the relationship between the sponsor and the applicant and guarantee to be responsible for the applicant's whole expenses in Taiwan.
  • Resident Visa (with remark of FS)holders must apply for Alien Resident Certificate within 15 days after your arrival. CGU will submit the applications for all new students only (residents of Taoyuan) after the registration day, please pay attention to CIAC's notification. Students living in other cities please submit the ARC application by yourselves.

Alien Resident Certificate: resident visa holders are required to apply for ARC within 15 days after your arrival. Re-entry permit can also be applied at the same time.

Taiwan ID Numbers: visitor visa holders could apply for ID numbers for banking or cell phone service.